A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Dec 12, 2013

Christmas Vignettes Part III...

It's been fun decorating our newly finished living room.  
Since I have no 'every day' decor in place yet -
 I've been working with a blank canvas.  
It has made doing Christmas displays a breeze.  
Enjoy...
 On top of a china cupboard that I inherited...


My sweet Dollar Tree nativity figures 
(the animals were a separate antique shop buy for almost nothing)...

 The 3 ornaments were $1 for all 3 -  
they can represent gold, frankincense and myrrh...
I once had a brown cupboard...
...but it's been updated to creamy white to fit the decor...
 It sports sheet music origami and Moravian stars.
 I'd like to 'frost' or glitter the origami stars...
 but it might not happen this year.  
You can learn how to fold them here.

 I was all proud of myself for removing those brass detailings 
and reattaching them without incident (OK - lost 1 little nail).
A bit more Christmas decor to come - hopefully tomorrow.
Linking to Songbird's Christmas Ideas party




 Part I  - front porch





Part II - the fireplace and mantel

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...