A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Aug 22, 2016

Getting The 'To-Do' List Done...

We all have a to-do list a mile long.  
And we all feel we hardly have time to do them.
So what's the secret?
  It's simple really... plan to do it - and then do it!

Here are a few more tips to 'get stuff done'...

Make room in your schedule...

Don't bite off more than you can chew... (know your time/ability limits!)

Write it down (make a check-list)...

Tackle the most dreaded thing first...

Multi-task where possible but not overwhelming.  What can be done while something else is happening?  (ie - while something is cooking I can...)

Give yourself extra time if 'learning' is required... 

Do it as close to when you notice it as you can...

If a project is large (ie - flower beds) do just a portion each time...

Last evening I noticed a corner of our front flower bed that was
 quite overgrown and unattractive.
Sunday is our day of rest - so I didn't tackle it then -
 but I did write it down to tackle this morning...

I only have mornings to work on my list.  
So keeping the list small and simple is best for me.

Then 1st thing this morning (after throwing in a load of wash)  - 
I got out to that section of the garden and removed a bunch of
 overgrowth and several plants altogether.

Now it's ready to bounce back for fall.
 
Then I moved indoors to work on pasta salad and the rest of today's list...
 
I can't tell you how good it feels to have those things done!

A final tip:

Simplify according to your schedule...  (i.e. - don't have time to
keep up with the flower beds?  Don't have them or reduce to one.
Same with vegetable gardening, canning, or other noble things.  

We are us - we can't be someone else.  Let's be us well!

Tomorrow my list will have just one main thing... 
cause it will take me all morning.  Stay tuned!  ~Joyce



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...