A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Aug 27, 2016

Don't Be A Yard Sale Snob...

What's a yard sale snob you ask?  Well - it could be several things -
 but for the sake of this post -  it's someone who doesn't stop at a
 yard sale cause it doesn't look 'good' enough or they don't see
 anything they want.  Such was my case with this particular yard sale today.  
But because I was parked right at the end of the driveway to visit
 other sales in the development - I sauntered in to be polite.


To the left (and not in the picture) was a table with a few apparent
 less-than-desirable things.  But when I got closer - I noticed maybe 3 linens. 
 And underneath them - this darling coral pink satin damask vintage tablecloth.  
Yippee skippy!

It even retains its tag!  (oooh - a 'crown' tag)...

Among my other finds of the day were these shell encrusted
 miniature shoes... (more pink)

Shoes and tablecloth will be in my Etsy shop shortly.


And I treated myself to a bit of great smelling perfume for 50 cents.

Okay - it's really body mist.  But still - it's from Victoria's Secret 
and even at half a bottle - worth every penny.  And ya can't put a
 price tag on the pick-me-up some new nice smelly stuff gives a gal!

But what really tickled me today - was a pile of baskets.. for free!
I chose 3 to use for gift baskets.  And look - I found some flower
sprigs and an almost new candle too -  totaling just 75 cents.  
Turns out they make a pretty nice instant fall grouping... 
It won't stay a grouping long... 
gonna be filling & gifting one of those baskets shortly.  

How I love weekends...~Joyce







4 comments:

Betsy said...

You found some great bargains today. It just goes to show that you never know what you'll find if you open your eyes to the unexpected. I think the candle and baskets were my favorite finds today. :-)
Blessings,
Betsy

Cheryl said...

What a wonderful collection of goodies you found! It is funny how you worded that, because I can't tell you how many times I have passed by a sale for the same reasons. Who knows how many goodies I have missed out on, huh? LOL! God bless you!

Regina said...

Oh I love yard sales! When we move into our new house, I hope to connect with some yard sale buddies.

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

Regina - a yard sale buddy sound wonderful! I hope you indeed can find some...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...