A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Sep 16, 2014

Using Bad Plastic Faux Greens...

I recently bought a great pottery vase filled with a
 less-than-great greens bouquet.  Less-than-great because 
they looked too 'plastic' to me in real life.  
But the vase?  It was only $4 and I liked it!
So with a knife to cut through all the foam filler - 
I removed the greens and now I have a great-looking
 vase in my family room to fill at will...

Bouquet of Sweet Annie & Faux Fall Foliage
 The greens do not look plastic from the road - in fact,
 they look great outside.  But they do not look Fall.
But with a few tucked in faux fall stems - it's good-to-go.    
This idea of adding to greens should work for any season.
Sometimes you need to divide and conquer.
Yay for thrifting!
To see the rest of my Fall porch - go here.
Linking to What's It Wednesday

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Nice! I like how you think about dividing things up to make them work for you.
Blessings,
Betsy

Tammy said...

Great find! The greens looked good in that black pot.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...