A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Mar 22, 2013

Using What's Laying Around & Birthday Roses...

Yesterday was my birthday.  (I apparently have entered middle age realm - 
eeks!! - how did that happen?).  I received a lovely bouquet of
 pink roses and decided to play with them a bit.

 All these items were just randomly nearby - so I
 kinda used what was within easy reach...
 The 25 cent scarf I wore here - but now it will serve as a table runner.
 My trencher (as I'm seeing them called) or faux wooden dough bowl 
cost me $5 recently from a going out of business shop.  
I filled it will some 'silver' fruit I picked up (also recently - $2.50 ea),
  faux geraniums (used here)...
 ...divided the roses into 3 aqua Mason jars - 1 quart and 2 pint sized - 
and I think it's  just fine.  A nice Spring centerpiece!

5 comments:

sdsss said...

WISH YOU A HAPPY BIRTHDAY WITH THOSE LOVELY FLOWERS FROM TURKEY...

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Happy birthday to one of the sweetest ladies in blogland! Hope you had a happy day! Your pink roses are lovely!

Revi said...

Happy birthday, Joyce! Love the pink roses. I hit middle age, too...if I live to be 106, that is!
-Revi

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Sorry I missed your special day! Hope it was a happy one...you know I love pink roses! I hope you do too.

Unknown said...

Happy birthday, Joyce! So sorry I missed it yesterday! Love your blog! Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your week!!~~Angela

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...