A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Mar 18, 2013

Menu & Modest Monday...

Ok - 2 topics today -which to do first?  
Spring may be appearing this week - but it was unseasonably cold here today. 
(Not to mention we're the midst of our only major snowstorm this year as I type! - go figure...)

I headed out for groceries and this happened to be what I was wearing.  
Several people commented on my outfit... (why?)
 Maybe it was the 25 cent scarf I tied on just before I left the house...

 One lady - approached me and said I looked so cute.  (Made my day!!)  
She'd like to wear skirts more and didn't know how to do that 
and be warm in the winter.  It was an 'aha' moment for her when she 
noticed my boots. (I recommend  knee-hi sock or tights & leggings or slip too!) 
 Femininity and modesty is a year round thing for this gal.
Sweater - Thrifted
Skirt - Thrifted
Coat - Thrifted
Mittens - ?
Scarf - Thrifted
Boots - New (somewhere - can't remember) but On Sale!

(Pardon my weird stance and expression - tried using the self-timer and had no idea 
when it was going off or if it was focusing.  In other words - I didn't know what I was doing!)

Now for the Menu part of this post... 
my No Tahini Homemade Hummus...

 This has been my go-to snack for my current no meat, oils, 
eggs or dairy diet.  (I'm starting to wean off a bit for weekends and eating out.)

Hummus - Joyce's Version

1 can Chick Peas, drained except for
2 T. Juice from can
1 T. Lemon Juice
1 - 2 T. Minced Garlic
1 t. Minced or Chopped Onion
1/8 c. Chopped Green Peppers
Sev. Dashes Paprika

Puree chick peas in food processor or blender w/ liquids (blender isn't the easiest - have to do in tiny amounts at a time.)  Add remaining ingredients to taste.  All measurements very approximate - I really just 'dump'.  Have a guilt free feast w/ celery (other veggies work too!)

Linking to Modest Monday


2 comments:

Helen said...

I like the outfit, it looks totally warm and yet very feminine. I, too, am a totally skirt kinda gal. I wonder how "they" that don't wear my layers stay warm...The hummus looks good. I have a store here that sells the dry version, without the added ingredients in bulk. Sometimes just a splash of lemon juice, without any oil tastes wonderful.

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Hi JOyce! Guess what??? I just bought a SKIRT! Yep!

How is the diet working for you? Do you feel a change? What was the reason behind it? Same as before? Just curious... :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...