A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Jun 1, 2017

Roadside Stands - Thrifty Thursday...

If there is one thing that stands out as a warm weather 'perk' - 
it is roadside markets.  I love these little outdoor 'shops' that grace
 front yards and the end of farm lanes.  
Often they are a bargain hunter's paradise for produce and plants.

Several years ago - this little stand popped up a few miles down our road.  
I never got around to stopping till this week of this year.

  This sign caught my eye.  
A 4-pack of begonias for just $1?  Yes please!

 Cute huh?

At home I happily filled in some barren areas...

...along my front walk.

And I filled an old bucket which leaks.   
The iron hangers were a freebie from a neighbor years ago.

So several thrifty tips today...

1.  Visit roadside markets - there may be a bargain (or 2 or 3...)
2.  Leaky buckets (and pans and canners, etc) make great planters
3.  Welcome cast offs from others - and find a use for them.

How I love Thrifty Thursdays.
And I'm loving that the sun is out again.  It does a spirit good!
  ~Joyce


2 comments:

Betsy said...

I love your leaky bucket idea! I actually have one of those and I'm going to use it as a planter at the lake. Thank you for the idea. You have some great finds again today. Four begonias for one dollar is wonderful!
Blessings, Betsy

Connie said...

Great tips and I love the idea of small roadside market tables :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...