A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Jan 23, 2016

Paper Bag Snowflake Craft...

 We're in the midst of a blizzard here in PA with a 'state of emergency' 
in effect.  This means - hardly anyone is on the roads.  It snowed all night 
and continues to snow as I write this at 6:30 pm.   We've been 
 shoveling and snowblowing throughout day to keep up with it.  Snow depth is approaching 30"!  But in the quiet of our evening hours - 
I took a little time to work on a project...

 I was inspired by co-worker who made the white snowflake below 
from recycled computer printer paper.  
I decided to use paper bags and make some a bit bigger.
  
The tutorial I used - found here - uses a glue stick or glue gun for all 'attachments'.  
I thought I'd be too clumsy for that and wasn't sure with the paper bag 
weight they'd stay 'stuck' -  so I used scotch tape and a stapler.

My squares (watch the tutorial and you'll understand) are 5 1/2" square.  
Six are needed for each snowflake.
I'm hoping to hang them at varying lengths overhead in my 
booth space at Quentin Antique Shoppe.

What a fun day this has been!  I'm so thankful it's Saturday and
 nobody here needed to go to work.   
Hope you're safe and warm where you are too. ~Joyce

3 comments:

diane in wis said...

Congrats on the beautiful snowflakes...they look great! Wow ...you are really getting the snow by you! I bet it's beautiful, even though I know how much work it is. So far, here in Wisconsin, we haven't had a blizzard yet this year. Glad it's happening mostly on the weekend so people don't have to try to get out and about. Take good care!

Henny Penny said...

I love the snowflakes! I want to make one. That is a lot of snow! Take care.

Betsy said...

The snowflakes look great! I'll have to watch the video and see how you did I it. Lots of snow. Our daughter is in DC and I'm grateful that hey didn't have to venture out today at all. Stay safe.
Blessings,
Betsy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...