A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Jan 24, 2016

Frugal Snowy Day Soup - (Gluten & Dairy Free)...

 This mostly gluten, dairy and sugar free diet I'm on can be a challenge.  
But today - there is yummy soup on hand...

 ...and our dig-out (for now) from the blizzard is complete.

So let's dig into the soup...
I doctored up a 'Mixed Vegetable Soup' I found.  
It's  perfect for this snowy weather and delicious!  I actually crave it.  
I paired it with gluten and dairy free Banana Cornmeal Muffins.
My version...

Pasta Vegetable Soup

2 small carrots, chopped

2 celery stalks, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 c. green pepper, chopped
1/4 c. butter
2 14 oz. cans chicken broth
2 14 oz. cans diced tomatoes (undrained)
1 T. sugar
1/4 t. pepper
1 1/2 - 2 c. cooked pasta  (cook while vegetables are being saute`d)
1-2 t. Italian seasoning
1-2 c. cooked chicken (or other leftover meat)- I used 2 tenders

Saute` carrots, celery, onion and green pepper in butter till tender.  Add tomatoes, sugar, pepper and chicken broth to pan.  Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 min.  Add pasta, chicken and seasoning and cook till warm.

I hope to enjoy a brisk walk later today - but for now - 
I'm enjoying the view from inside...

Did you experience Winter Storm Jonas?  How did you fare?
  ~Joyce








3 comments:

Betsy said...

Wow! Nope. Here on the west side we've had warmer temperatures and our snow is almost gone. But my daughters home in D.C. Looks like yours! Glad you're safe and warm
Blessings,
Betsy

Lynn Hasty said...

That soup looks yummy!!
xo
Lynn

The Charm of Home said...

That looks like a good soup! My biscuits are savory. You can taste the potato. They would be delicious with cheese if you could eat it.
Sherry

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...