A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Aug 14, 2014

Porches and Preaching - In the Middle of the Week!...

 This morning I joined a friend at a local campmeeting.  
What is campmeeting you ask?  Little 'camps' founded and built in the 
late 1800's where dedicated Christians gathered for a week or two 
for life-changing Bible-centered preaching and teaching and family time. 
There are old fashioned dining halls, a big open air tabernacle and cottages...


Oh the cottages... rows and rows of them in pristine white!

And streets where children can play safely without fear or concern...

I meandered up and down just taking it all in.

To my delight - 
this little cottage was all dolled up in shabby vintage charm.
 Love!!!!

I'm thinking the whole grove would want to stop by
 this porch for a drink and a chat...

More on my tour... I found old white door charm...


... and new white door charm.
  
This cottage was just rebuilt after being damaged by a fallen tree in a storm.

 Front porch flowers & plantings were plentiful...

...and creative...

Camp groves need to have a creek for the kiddos to
 splash in - it's required. (or should be.)
 
And sure enough - there it was...

 What fun!  And the 10 AM service was just what I needed.  
I tucked away a few notes right in my bible to help me remember.

Pretty porches, vintage charm and inspiring preaching - yes please!
  
Now have I convinced you?  Head to Campmeeting!

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Oh yes, please!? I would love to go to camp meeting and stay in one of these lovely cottages. Who decorates them? Are they owned by the camp or individuals? Do the meetings go on all year or just a few weeks during the summer? I know, lots of questions. :-). We used to have revival meetings whenI was younger back in the Midwest but out here in the Northwest I haven't heard of any.
Blessings,
Betsy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...