A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Jan 4, 2014

Traditional to Shabby Cottage Lamps...


Today I gave my 26 year old lamps a makeover.
(Yes - they're that old...thrifty gals don't throw much out.)


Not sure the lace will be staying...
Previously - they were rusting and I didn't care for the 80's look...
That's also the original lamp shade - painted... 
but I may end up just buying new ones... not sure yet.

At any rate - some white paint (watered down at that as it was the 
very bottom of a can and I needed to make it stretch for 2 lamps - more thriftiness!) 
and brown glaze treatment later and this is the result...

Love those crevices... and look - even that yellowed plastic piece
 at the top of the wood got the treatment.
Two 'new' lamps in my 'new' living room.
  Happiness!
 Now I'm in need of more 'oops' paint from the hardware store!
Linking to Blissful Whites Wednesday




1 comment:

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

The lamps look great with their makeover! I love the magic of paint!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...