A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

May 22, 2012

Easy Ice Cream or Pancake Fruit Sauce...

As shared in this post - I have a fruit topping recipe
 that works great for ice cream or pancakes and
 French toast.   Today I made a cherry version...
That's a gluten free pancake folks - just sayin'
Fruit Sauce or Topping
1 can pie filling (cherry, blueberry, etc.)
1/2 stick margarine or butter
1/3 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. corn syrup
1/2 t. almond extract
Combine 1st 4 ingredients & heat till blended 
& bubbly.  Remove from heat and add extract.  
Mix well.
Couldn't be simpler!
I was out of corn syrup when I made this - so I used
 1/4 c.  honey and omitted the brown sugar.  
It was still good - but I prefer the original version.
To make this gluten free - just look for a 
modified 'corn' starch based pie filling.
One of these days I'll have to try this in peach!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...