A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

May 11, 2011

Container Gardening...

Our little summer cottage is nestled among trees with lots of other cottages.  So when we take a walk - there's lots to look at and be inspired by.  This week I was intriqued by all the ways our neighbors plant their shade loving flowers.  I was especially drawn 
to the planters and containers.
First, this pop of red begonia in a pretty urn style planter...
This sweet duo rests at a patio edge...
A few more planters with shade loving plants...
An old cement planter out by the road...
And last, but not least, this adorable hanging basket...
As we finished up our walk - we passed through a large 
grassy area.  Look at these tiny pretties I found... 
I've planted a few simple containers of my own.  
I'll share them in tomorrow's post.
For more inspiration - visit All Things Inspired.  I was featured this week -
Thanks Robin!  (Check out her sidebar for even more great ideas!)
 

2 comments:

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

I'll bet it is so lovely there this time of year. What fun!

Anonymous said...

I just got finished dumping out the old dirt in all my containers. It had been several years since I have replaced the soil so it was time!!

Great container pictures!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...