A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Mar 11, 2017

Awesome Baked French Fries (or My Saturday Sighting)...

On Saturdays our main meal of the day is at lunch (after work for My Love).  
In addition to our leftover beef rice soup - I was in the mood for
 homemade baked french fries.  A quick internet search revealed these.  
Here is my version...

I  used 2 potatoes for 2 of us.  

Cut unpeeled raw potatoes into french fry sticks and soak in 
cold water for at least 1/2 hour.

Then drain and pat dry.

Place cookie sheet or flat pan in oven while preheating to 400 degrees.  
(A hot pan means no parchment paper needed)

While  pan is heating - toss oil and seasonings in big dish.

1 T Olive oil
Seasonings(feel free to vary):

1/2 t. Seasoned salt
1/2 t. Basil
1/8 t. Cumin
1/8 - 1/4 t. Chili powder
Parsley
Pepper

Add dry potatoes and stir till good and seasoned.

Put a single layer on heated pan (it will sizzle!).  
Bake at 400 for 35-40 min.  Increase to 450
 degrees for additional 5 min or so at the end
(or per your crispness preference)  

I do believe these are the yummiest baked fries I've ever made. 

They just might show up on the table next week again!  
Happy Saturday everyone ~Joyce






4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Sounds yummy!! Thanks for sharing. :)

Betsy said...

Sounds so good! I make a similar potato using olive oil and Rosemary. I just toss the potato wedges or chunks in the olive oil and dried rosemary mix and then bake just like you described. Oh so good!
Blessings, Betsy

D said...

I am SO making these for Monday's Crock-Pot Chicken night! Usually do potato wedges, but the fries look so yummy. High heat at end of baking, Joyce? Perfect, D, from Home and Harvest

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Must try! Love potatoes. Did you cut them with a knife or a french fry cutter?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...