A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Feb 20, 2016

Floating Pictures or No?...

 I'm a seller of vintage wares and goods.  I'm an online seller -
which means pictures are everything.
 Recently I asked My Love to shoot an Etsy item for me and edit it
 in the 'floating picture' style - meaning there is no background - 
no props - no 'nothing' - it just floats there.   
Aside from the fact that his photos are (much) better quality
than my 'grounded' ones - do you like floating pictures?


 Here is the inside of the same briefcase - just floating there in space...


 Where I typically do a shot like this 
(again - not near the quality - I get that...I'd redo this before listing it...)

 The rest of my Etsy shop has photos that are 'grounded'...

... like these...

So what do you think?  Grounded?  Floating?   
Thanks for your input!  ~Joyce






4 comments:

Betsy said...

I prefer the grounded photos and I also asked my husband his opinion. He said the same. I don't know. It just looks strange to me to see things "floating" there. Hope that helps.
Blessings,
Betsy

Susan said...

Well the floating one looks kind of like a Walmart ad. Impersonal of sorts. I prefer to see things with a pretty background or with items in them, like clothes in the suitcase. Why not try both and see if one gets a better response?

Lynn Hasty said...

I like the grounded ones. The floating ones are okay but seem to just take the life out of things.
xo
Lynn

Henny Penny said...

I too like the grounded ones...but wish I knew how to do the floating ones. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...