A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Feb 21, 2015

Our Valentine Dessert and Chocolate Icing Recipe...

Sometimes (many times actually) simple is best. 
 Because I largely eat gluten and dairy free with very limited sugar - 
a baked dessert tastes just glorious to me!   So for Valentine's Day - 
I figured my diet could be 'fudged' a little.




Using my heart shaped pans (from a yard sale I'm sure) - 
a gluten free yellow cake mix was simple and easy to prepare.  
I topped it with the best chocolate icing ever and gave it 
a border of red sugar granules.  The best part?  
There were leftovers.  So now I have some pieces
 frozen for the next time I allow myself to cheat. 

Incidentally - I'm on this diet under the care of a Nutritionist to correct a horrendous 
skin issue that erupted about a year ago.  Today I am all cleared up and even my very 
thinning hair is growing back.  I'm SO happy God has allowed this improvement!  
After a very strict diet for 6-9 months - I'm now allowed to cheat every 4 days.
 The plan is to continue and see how it goes.  So far so good!

Fluffy Cocoa Frosting

3/4 c. cocoa
4 c. confectioner's sugar
1/2 c. margarine or butter
1 t. vanilla
1/2 c. milk

Mix and beat till fluffy - several minutes on High.  Makes enough for a layer cake.  
For a 9x13 cake or for 1 batch of cupcakes - make half of recipe.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...