A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Oct 18, 2014

Warehouse House...

Today I went on a local Fall House Tour.  My favorite dwelling 
was actually an old Tobacco Warehouse...

 Inside was this massive open space with a loft hallway...

...big dining area...
  
...and a neat DIY kitchen space.  
The lower cabinets are IKEA door fronts attached to other cabinets.  
The back splash is actually roof slate - cut to resemble 
bricks and painted and grouted in black.  (love this!)
That tin star sculpture (from a welding class) shades the sink light.

The huge opposing kitchen wall is done in chalkboard paint.  Fun!
In talking with the homeowner - I learned a bit more about this makeover project.  
They had recently lost their business and quite a bit of money but happened to own this old building.  
With no where else to call home - they moved in.  
Renovating is happening on a shoestring as they are able.  (Some parts still have dirt floors!)  
Her story of how God has provided for them along the way just melted my heart.
We need to keep holding on to Him - He's got it under control!


This was a very old stone home also on the tour.
(We're talking Williamsburg style and era)...
 

And this log cabin owner always does her porch to the hilt...

My partner (niece actually) for the day.
 We picked a really bad place to do a selfie - but here we are - 
enjoying an organ concert in an old church balcony...

Had to get a shot of the German street dancers too.
  Goodness I love this area I live in. 

After 'wasting' my day - I hope to be more productive this evening.  
I'm actually working on this...
What did you today?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...