A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Oct 28, 2013

Fall Table to Mantel Sheet Music Project...

We had dinner guests this weekend.   
We've been having this same couple once a month
so I'm trying to vary my decor and menu.

As usual - I used whatever I had on hand. 
The berry and leaves garland I just scored for 1.50! 
The green dishes were also a recent thrift purchase.  
At less than $1/piece - I'm excited to hav
 something that will work for Fall and Christmas!
 The place settings looked a little plain to me.
  So for a bit of Fall 'extra' -  I found some leaves 
in my backyard & traced them to make a template.
 I traced the template onto vintage sheet music and cut.  
Then traced once more a bit larger onto brown craft paper.
I glued the 2 pieces together for a little plate decor.
 (I'll share about those delicious herb biscuits in another post.)
After our guests left - I made each sheet music leaf into a 
tag with a hole punch & string.  I  tied each 'tag' 
onto a piece of string the length of my fireplace. 
Now I have a fall banner that I wasn't even planning on making!
The rest of the story?... I intended our guests to take a sheet music leaf
home with them - but nobody did.  Turns out - that was OK! 

Linking to Knick of Time Tuesday and
Tweak It Tuesday 
Need inspiration?  Come check out these awesome links!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...