A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Feb 23, 2013

Baked Oatmeal - No Eggs or Oil...

Special diets can be a challenge.  I already eat gluten free 
(which has been an amazing 'cure' for an aggressive skin rash) - 
and now I'm avoiding meat, oils, dairy and eggs.  All this is my choice.  
I plan to return to just gluten free in a few weeks - but will probably do only
 chicken and fish for meat and try to really limit the oils.  
For now though - I need breakfast options.

 Baked oatmeal - with GF oats of course - has been a  gluten free favorite of mine... 
but alas - it has eggs, oil and milk! 
Today - I tried to make it without these 'no-no's' - and it worked!  
I made a small batch (recipe below) but I think the recipe could be doubled just fine.
No Egg, Oil or Dairy Baked Oatmeal

1 1/2 c. oatmeal (gluten free if needed)
1/2 c. brown sugar (scant!)
1 t. baking powder
1/2 c. almond milk (or other)
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/4 c. raisins (generous)
1/2 c. applesauce

Mix and place in small casserole dish.  If glass - bake at 325 degrees for approx. 30 min. till golden brown. (try 350 for metal pan)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...