A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Oct 14, 2012

God & Hudson Cars...

I met the cutest couple this week and had to share them with you.   
He was just shy of 90 years and she, his 2nd wife due to death, was a bit younger.
 
Eldon was raised Amish and has a God-given talent to design and create.  
His whole life he has built and sold 
(without any formal training whatsoever) equipment
 used in the poultry industry.  I was reminded...
  
Let no one despise your youth, but be an example 
to the believers in word, in conduct,in love,
 in spirit, in faith, in purity.  
I Timothy 4:12

You can read more of their story here and here, but let's just say they are 
huge collectors of Hudson cars and have donated 50 cars
that are now housed in a museum in Shipshewana Town.
(And they still have 16 of their own!)

 I met them when they were in my area for a car show.   
At almost 90 years - Eldon drove here from several states away.  
They were shopping in the antique mall when I was working.
Thank you Eldon & Esta for your 'example'!





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...