A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Jan 1, 2011

Welcome 2011

It is my prayer that you and Jesus will walk closer 
this year than the year before.  
He loves you and wants to lead and guide you - 
but he desires your complete surrender 
to His ways and His plan for your life...
Trinity ECC in Lititz PA - 2009 Christmas Tour
I usually don't get into the making New Year's Resolutions thing.   But this year, there are a couple of things I want to do...

1.  I would like to read through the Bible in chronological order.  I'm not focused on doing it all in one year, necessarily - so if it takes me two years, I'm OK with that.  I just want to understand the heart of God more and hear His voice speak to me as I read.
I finally used a gift card I was given several years ago to purchase this Daily Bible.
2.  I want to focus more on making sure I love my husband in his love language and showing him the honor and respect he deserves.  It's just a scriptural command that I know I need to work on...

However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, 
and the wife must respect her husband.  
Eph. 5:33


3.  I have tons of home decor magazines - tons & tons!!  I want to gradually go through them and diminish my stock.  Some I can't bear to part with - but others - I could just save a few inspiration photos and then pass them on to someone else - or (gasp) - pitch them!
Anybody want them when I'm finished?
4.  Well, wanting to make some diet changes that will hopefully result in some good things.  (smile)  
Are you making any goals?

3 comments:

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

My goals are very simular to yours. Talk to Jesus more. Listen to Jesus more. My 11 year old son and I are going to read through the bible together and of course the classic: lose weight, eat better :(
I will be finishing up some major decluttering that I started this Fall. It feels good!
Happy New Year my friend!

michelle said...

Love your goals Joyce! Being closer to God is a great way to make everything else fall into place. He will guide us if we allow Him!
I have too many magazines as well, and have been going through them. Makes my head spin looking through them again with all the inspirations!! :)

I hope that all your dreams and wishes come true for the new year and always! :)

elaine said...

Just catching up with some back blog reading tonight. About those magazines. Would you mind loaning a few for several weeks? We are building a house and I am not yet sure of my decor. Need some fresh ideas. I want to simplify a bit. Am also somewhat tired of what I did at the farm house. And in a new house some of those old country things will not look good. I could comepick them up at your house some day, if that is where they are. Let me know. And have a cozy evening.!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...