A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Mar 2, 2017

Thrifty Thursday - Family Photos Home Decor...

One of the easiest and most inexpensive ways to decorate your
 home is with family photos.  I prefer photos in black and white for
 less jarring color.   And they blend with any decor style. 

I use photos in many sizes - whatever I happen to have in 
my collection.   This one is approx. 4" x 5".
(Me and 2 of my brothers)... 


And here's a wallet sized that is currently in a dish on a shelf. 
I prefer older photos - but any photo can be made black and white
 and look great.

For many years I had no old family photos.  I'd find old photos at
 yard sales and use them instead.  Then as the years passed - 
heirloom photos started to come my way.  
This one features my dad and his siblings...

And I use photos from all eras... some old - some less old...
(My Love's family...)


Sometimes it can be a challenge to find a frame for an older photo -
 especially cabinet cards like this one.  But it's been amazing to me
 how I stumble upon frames that fit.  This photo is very special to me - 
my mother as a baby!  And considering that her mother died when
 she was 8 weeks old - it's amazing that we have it.

This was another special frame find.  I found it in an antique shop - 
went home and measured and sure enough - a perfect fit for this 
old school group photo.  (my mother is in there...)

I prefer the older photos - but current photos in black and white 
(or sepia tones) look great too.


And an added bonus - family photos will be in vogue no matter
 what the latest decorating trends are.  You'll always be in style!  

Enjoy the home you have and make it yours!  ~Joyce

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Beautiful! I also have lots of family photos set out. Most aren't in black no white though. It comforts me to have my family around me. Even our camping trailer has family pictures set out for all to see. :-)
Blessings,
Betsy

Tammy said...

I used to decorate with someone else's old photos when we were first married. Then we were able to make copies of family photos 😉

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...