A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Feb 14, 2017

A Valentine's Night In...

We have gone out for dinner a few times on Valentine's Day - 
but it's been the exception rather than the rule.  We've found
 we prefer keeping romance to ourselves.  Here is tonight's plan...

Inspiration struck with a Pier One red box I found at the 
thrift store yesterday (yes - only yesterday!) for $1.50...


But more on that in a bit.   Last night I came up with a simple 
dinner idea and this AM quickly went for groceries to make it happen.
  I work this afternoon - so simple it will be. 

So what's for dinner?  An easy Kielbasa & Pasta dish similar to this.
  Tossed Salad with a favorite dressing similar to this.  
Strawberry meringue dessert (strawberries were only 99 cents/quart)...
The meringue before it was baked

And a few special candy pieces that I  know My Love enjoys...

We'll eat on the floor by our fireplace which will be ablaze with candles.

Now back to that red box.  
I thought I should fill it with something.... but what?  
'Discussion questions' came to mind.  A quick web search found
these questions which I printed off and cut into strips.  

They weren't very exciting  laying in the box all my themselves - 
so I mixed them among some brown crinkle paper that I had on hand.  
Some of the questions are serious and some are just for fun.  

We'll see how it goes.  

And as always - we recognize that the author of Love is 
God Himself.  There is no true love outside of Him.

Here's to a lovely evening 'in' - just the 2 of us...
and a Happy Valentine's Day to you too! ~Joyce
Linking to Talk of the Town

3 comments:

Betsy said...

How wonderful and sweet that you've gone to so much trouble to make a special evening for your husband. I love the questions ideas. Unfortunately, my husband will be teaching a class tonight at church and so I'llonly see him for about 20 minutes. Just long enough for him to come home from work and eat a very, very quick dinner and then head off to church. But that's OK. He shows me every day just how much he loves me. Happy Valentine's Day!
Blessings, Betsy

Cordelia Hosler said...

I LOVE these ideas. You are amazing......love your creativity! It would take me a week to come up with these ideas. I would love to duplicate everything EXCEPT sitting on the floor to eat! I doubt I would not be able to get up again! :)

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

Thank you Cordi! You made my day. It turned out to be a wonderful evening. Hope you had a great evening as well! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...