A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Aug 25, 2012

Sweet Annie Time...

 For the past several years I've been making a fresh
 Sweet Annie wreath for my living room.  
  I had an abundance to work with...
...and I reused the wreath straw form and even the wire.   
(I'm nothing if not thrifty...)

 I've gotten better at making this over the years.  
I used to make little herb bundles to afix as I went. 
 Now I just lay on the greens loose - trying to cover the sides - 
give a few wraps of wire - and do the same 
thing in the next section - overlapping as I go.
It's simple.  I'm pretty sure I spent more time cutting 
the greens that I did making the wreath.
  
And it smells heavenly!

 (Some year I'll get that panelling wall painted - some year...)

 
What did you do with your Saturday?

1 comment:

shaggysheephome said...

It looks amazing. I'm inspired to make a wreath now. I went to the bookstore today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...