A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Aug 23, 2012

Swan Lake Project (an upcycle)...

Do you ever pass over something 'cause nobody else wants it so you 
figure you probably shouldn't want it either?  

Well - enter my little gold frame I used for this project.   
Somebody left it behind at the antique mall where
I rent - and nobody else wanted it.  
(And I almost didn't either - shame on me!)
 
 It worked just fine for a 'rush' project I threw together today.  
This old children's puzzle (from a yard sale free box a few years ago)  
and some old newspaper pair up nicely.
  A little matte decoupage and it's not going anywhere. 
 The frame was just a bit 'too gold' - so I gave it a light coat of 
black paint to tone it down - wiping it right off after applying.  
It made a subtle but necessary difference.
 
 Gotta love the patina of this puzzle - bends, tears and all.
 Ok - so maybe it's Swan Lake - farmhouse style!
Let me hear you say you'll never doubt your own instincts.  
And for goodness sake - don't try to be like everyone else!
Might as well like up to Transformation Thursday

2 comments:

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

It's really lovely! I never thought of toning down a frame that way. What a great idea.

Spittin-Toad said...

WOW..Nicely done ...I love it!!
Denise

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...