A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Mar 11, 2016

Pretty Brunch Serving Ideas....


This week I attended a ladies' brunch of long time friends.  
Our common thread is that we all worked & sold at the same antique mall.    
I was struck by all the pretty serving pieces.  Like this fruit dish - 
on a paper doily - on a silver tray with silver serving utensils...


 And the 3-tier plate stand filled with yummy baked goodies...

 Even the water pitcher - while humbly filled - was a beauty in silver!
(Don't you love our 'complimentary' reflections?)

Appropriate for the ocassion - we ate off of lovely vintage dinner plates 
on a vintage pink damask tablecloth with matching pink damask napkins...
Pink is - afterall - the hostess's favorite color!

And the tomato cheese quiche?  Amazing! 


I'm thinking I need to invest in more silver.   It makes such a pretty table.  
To read more about this gal brunch - check out my friend's blog post.  
She was the hostess!

I'm also thinking it's been a while since I hosted something.
Gonna have to fix that...  ~Joyce



5 comments:

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

What a great morning... Think it's neat we've stayed connected this way! Thank you for the sweet post!

Betsy said...

It looks like a very fun gathering. I had to laugh, because while I was admiring the pretty pitcher, I hadn't noticed your reflections until I read your comment about the photo!
Blessings,
Betsy

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Oh how funny, I just read this over at Jillian's! Nice to know that you were one of the lucky friends! Thanks for sharing with us!

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

this is great

D said...

Joyce, If closer by, I would have wanted to be part of that lovely get-together! Deedy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...