A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Jan 8, 2013

Joy for 2013...

As we embark on a new year - I have not made a list of goals, 
resolutions, joined the local gym, purged my closets
 or started an organizing frenzy.  But I have been inspired 
to find a 'word' for the year and make it a daily part
 of my  life.... a spiritual growth goal so to speak.
This year - I pick 'Joy'.  Joy used to come quite naturally for me 
- in fact my name spells it and imparts its meaning (Joyce!)  
But life has brought changes and disappointments that have been 
extremely difficult for me.  I'm ashamed how elusive this trait has 
become in my spirit.  So for 2013 - I've propped this
 little word on my desk for a daily reminder.

But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You (that's me!); Let them ever shout for joy,
 because You defend them; Let those also who love Your name Be joyful in You. Psalms 5:11

Be glad in the LORD and rejoice, you righteous (that's me!)
And shout for joy, all you upright in heart!  Psalms 32:11

Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, 
And uphold me (that's me!) by Your generous Spirit.
Psalms 51:12

 “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you,
and that your (that's me) joy may be full." John 15:11

Ask, and you will receive (this means me!), that your joy may be full. John 16:24

  May my Joy cup run over in  2013!
(Feel free to check on me and see how I'm doing.)


2 comments:

Sherri B. said...

I think Joy is a most wonderful word for you to have this year! xo

D said...

'Joy'ce, How wonderful, Joy! I also am on a quest for Joy (after several years of Faith(sigh) then Hope(please, Lord). My ladies Bible study started last night...It's titled, 'Joy' and features 10 weeks in Philippians. I am counting on "counting it all joy!" Clinging to Him; our source of JOY. Also setting time aside to just create and have fun, Deedy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...