A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Jan 25, 2013

Another Upcycled Book Project...

This is my 2nd one for the week!  This time - it's a hardback book -
an old elementary school story book - that got a little tweak...

 See - the story remains...
 But the cover was given a coat of black paint...
 ...then I added a title from a sheet music cover and
 gave the whole thing a coat of varnish.  It can stand up - 
making it a wonderful addition for a valentine or any other vignette.
Can't wait for yard sales this summer to find more old books!
linking to The Inspiration Gallery

3 comments:

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

This is my 13 year old sons favorite book from elementery school. He still talks about it. Such a cute idea for a project and I'm glad the book is still able to be read. :)

Ruth said...

What a great idea. I love the cover transformation. I would love for you to stop y my blog and check out my latest projects.
Ruth

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

Great idea!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...