A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Jun 22, 2012

Dresser Project...

It feels so good to complete a project - 
especially when you're happy with the results.   
This little dresser sits proudly in my booth today - 
ready for a new home.  
A few weeks ago - it was receiving a few repairs 
(i.e. glue & wood filler) and in need of a make over.
  (a free pile rescue I had to talk My Love into)
 My trusty old book pages were put into service.  
 They were decoupaged to the drawer fronts and top,
 given a bit of glaze and sealed with poly.
  Wanna learn about appendicitis?  
This is the dresser for you!
 I've seen these done in white - but I'm loving this
 'farmhouse' look from keeping the original finish.    
Sorry - I forgot to shoot the nice detail on the dresser sides...
I found more projects-in-waiting today.  

3 comments:

Jillian's Bella rosa antiques said...

Great job! I love how it wAs free!!!!!

sandy said...

Love this makeover! Fun idea to point out the info on appendicitis! Isn't it fun to find something for FREE and turn in into something so interesting?

I'm your newest follower! Hope you'll stop by my blog for a visit. I'm also a lover of "old" and vintage!

sandy

fleurcottage said...

great job, girl! Esther

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...