A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

May 22, 2017

Wedding Backdrop Idea...

Yesterday we happened upon a wedding that was about to begin. The setting?  Under the woods in this 250 year old open air tabernacle.
wedding back drop

It's all situated in the campmeeting grounds of our beloved Mt. Gretna, PA.  
But let's look closer - quick before the people start arriving...
wedding

 Look at that back drop!  It's so simple and yet jaw dropping gorgeous.  
Why can't I think of stuff like this?  All ya need is 15 old windows!
  (yeah - I know - who has 15 windows?)  
Apparently this couple scrounged them up somewhere...
hand made; magnolia wreath

 I'm  just smitten!  
Let's see...lots and lots of white fabric (I could manage that part), 
windows (I could maybe find 3 or 4 - but 15?  hmmm...)  
and a huge handmade (I'm assuming) magnolia leaves wreath.
  Well maybe the florist made the wreath.  :)

At any rate - loved this sneak peek into surely a beautiful wedding.
  And if such a day ever rolls around in our lives (as in our daughter)
I hope that God gives us some creative inspiration. 
Guess it doesn't hurt to start saving ideas...  ~Joyce

3 comments:

Betsy said...

Oh my goodness, that is beautiful. I can never think of things like this either. I think you post so some very creative ideas and decorating. It's not a talent I was blessed with. Thank you for sharing this beautiful scene today.
Blessings, Betsy

Cheryl said...

I think it is the sheer simplicity that draws me in. So pretty!

D said...

Truly the loveliest setting ever. I love it! Your photos truly highlight the setting. D.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...