A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Dec 23, 2015

Christmasy Things - Decoratin' and Craftin'...

 This post is long overdue and with Christmas just 2 days away -
 it'll be food for thought for next year at this point.  But alas - 
 sharing some things  from around my home in the past weeks...

My family rooms show my 'country' side.  The terrarium is
 outfitted with trees and ornaments all nestled on a bed of red plaid.... 


Picked up these deer at a yard sale this fall for $1-$2 each...

The mini prim ornaments were just 50 cents for the whole bunch (4 of them)...

Across the room - I adorned the grapevine wreath with a faux tree branch.  
The bow, etc. help to hide some of its center hardware...

Due to time restraints - I decided to  'add' some seasonal decor to
 my old cupboard top rather than completely redoing what was there...


 I had a few baskets with nothing in them - couldn't have that -
So more faux tree branches and ornaments to the resuce...
(Notice the deer in there?  It came from the same yard sale as the ones mentioned earlier.)
 

My kitchen usually gets a spray of lighted garland across the counter.   
When I don't have time for much else - 
this says 'Christmas' while we enjoy our evening dinners...

 Also took time to do a very small craft.  
Christmas cards from last year became some sweet ornaments...

I glued popsicle sticks to the cards covering the section I thought was pretty.  
(why popsicle sticks?  cause I had them... )
Then cut around the edges and sanded edges to distress.  
I gave edges and backs a light coat of glaze that I wiped off.  
Last - glued on some waxed string with a looped knot in center...

...and I think they're kinda cute.  Would make great package
 adornments and I just may use them as such!


Merry Christmas my friends!  Stay calm and remember 
the manger that led to the cross and resurrection... 
Our opportunity for an eternity in heaven if we give our 
lives in response.   And it's my hope that you have!
~Joyce

















4 comments:

Diane C said...

Merry Christmas Joyce! May you and yours have a wonderful, Blessed Christmas. Thanks for the great pictures of all your latest Christmas decorations. Things are looking good at your place!

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

Thank you Diane! What sweet words of encouragement...

Henny Penny said...

I can't look at your blog without thinking, "why didn't I think of that"! I love your old cupboard. You make me want to add something to my old cupboard. Thank you Joyce. Merry Christmas!

Betsy said...

Such beautifully homey decorations Joyce. I like them so much better than the glitzy decorations you see so often. It looks like a wonderful Christmas at your house. Merry Christmas!
Blessings,
Betsy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...