A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Dec 10, 2015

Christmas Shopping - Off the Beaten Path...

 We have 'Best Kept Secret' Tours in our area.  These are tours that 
take you to local businesses and shops that are 'off the beaten path'
 or might not be as well known.  Today I did the Christmas shop tour - 
12 shops in 1 day.  Actually more - because we stopped at some 'extra' shops along the way.

These are a few scenes from my day...

 Our first stop - a consignment shop - had a white Christmas area.  
I just loved it and had to snap a few photos...




We also visited a pottery shop.  This guy was good!  

Pots by de Perrot sells on Etsy.  His nature inspired cupboard pulls are a big hit.
(see some on the cupboard below and visit his shop here.)

Part of the tour included an alpaca farm.  
I enjoyed some bonding time with this cutey.  
And we were able to enter a drawing to win a live alpaca.  Really!
Can you imagine?  What fun that would be...


A flower shop was on the tour.  Loved their displays - 
which included this vintage wringer washing machine...

 Our last stop was to an art studio and gallery inside a barn and back a long lane.   
They had a few pigs that they keep out in the woods where you 
might typically expect to see a horse or some goats...

 I thought they were fun...

Entering the barn studio...

and a piece of art in progress...


What a fun day to spend with my sister (my birthday gift to her).
  Thanks for going along...

I still have more of my Christmas decor to share with you.  
Perhaps tomorrow...  ~Joyce

















4 comments:

Betsy said...

This looks like such a fun day. A live alpaca? Goodness! Do you have a place for one? We used a wringer washer at home u til I was well into my high school years. I have to admit, my automatic washer is a wonderful invention! Glad you had such a good time with your sister.
Blessings,
Betsy

Lynn Hasty said...

Hi, Joyce! I found your blog in my mom's blog list. She has a blog called Henny Penny Lane. I love your blog! I went back too and looked at some of your old posts. You have inspired me to fix up an old train case that I have. Thank you, Lynn

Lynn Hasty said...

Joyce, thank you so much for coming by my blog. I don't know if you read the page about my blog, you certainly didn't have to, but my blog was hacked and I lost 7 to 8 years worth of posts. I wish people had better things to do with their time. Anyway I am very glad to have found your blog and I look forward to keeping up with it. Xoxo Lynn

Henny Penny said...

Joyce, my daughter (above) and I were admiring your blog and I completely forgot to leave a comment on this post. I would love to shop here and oh that Alpaca...I hope you win! I would LOVE to have one too. I went out and cut some pine limbs for the front door after seeing those on your front porch. Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...