A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Dec 5, 2015

Christmas Porch 2015...

  Today was the day for gathering greens and 'doing' the front porch. 
 It was also the year to finally rewrap my outdoor packages. 

When you have just a snippet of ribbon - a 3 loop bow works well.
 (Make 3 loops - pinch and tie together at the base .)

But let me backtrack... 
To start my day - I drove to a local wooded community and searched 
for fallen branches.  It was slim pickins' this year;  
perhaps because we've had no snow.  
But after a few embarrassing roadside stops - I did gather a nice supply...

The greens got 'plopped' all over the place - including this basket and milk can...

On the other side of my front door - my begonia is still blooming.
  So I kept it and added some greens to it for when it whithers completely.  
The skates make an appearance every year...

The lantern was a craft find several years ago...

Both sides...

The driveway lights were given a wreath and bow.  I made about 7 bows today.  
They didn't need to be perfect.  They're outside and will get abused anyway. 
  Yay... I'm feeling 'done' with decorating! 
(I still have some more inside decor to show you in another post.)
  Now I can enjoy attending events,  making food and gathering gifts.  
Are you making a dent in your Christmas to-do list?  ~Joyce















2 comments:

Betsy said...

I'm pretty much done with Christms. Just a few gift cards to buy. I like your porch decorations. I probably should do a bit more at our house. It's looking a bit forlorn.
Blessings,
Betsy

Henny Penny said...

I needed to see this post! What you have done with a few pine limbs and greenery is so pretty. I've gathered lots of cedar branches and filled two pots, but then kinda lost interest. You have inspired me to get the front porch pretty today. Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...