A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Mar 16, 2014

Wild Horses and Assateague Beach Things...

 We delivered a piece of furniture about 4 hours away yesterday 
and spent a little time on the island of Assateague National Park.  
Wild horses roam free there...
 

... but appear to be a little too used to humans.

We learned these are skate eggs...sadly now dead.

This old anchor had shells encrusted to it. 
It's amazing that something so heavy could wash up... 






The tree was a fake 'plant'... well charred and the
 probable remains of someone's beach bonfire.
But I liked it's solitary stature... 

And my fav photo of the day...

 The rest of the story is that 1 hour after arrival - our vehicle broke down.   
Yep - 1 hour!
Anyone want to buy a good looking 1981 Chevy pick up truck?

1 comment:

Helen said...

Oh no! Breakdowns are on my non-favorite list. I always try to calm myself by praying that I will see what the Lord had in mind when He allowed this to happen. Sometimes I get to see the "extra" person we talked to really needed the conversation. I guess for me, it is keeping things in perspective.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...