A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Apr 14, 2015

80's Brass Lamp Makeover...

Do you know how much a good looking lamp shade costs?  
Me too!  But while thrifting recently - I found this lovely lamp shade - 
complete with tassels - for $8.  Sold!
 But when I picked it up - a cashier was quick to
 inform me that the lamp went with it - all for $8!  Oh my!  
The lamp weighs a ton - very solid and full of quality - 
but not quite my style in its brass finish.

But for $8 - I figured I could do something with it.
  So after a little tape job... 
 ...and some spray paint - my lamp has a new look.  

 I used Rustoleum's Metallic Flat Chestnut trigger spray paint 

with no prep to the finish - I just sprayed it on.
  Eeesy peesy...


I'm so happy with it. 


The little grouping next to the lamp includes some inventory waiting to sell.  
The sweet teeny basket is available here.

I think I'm in love with spray paint.
I know I'm in love with my new lamp!   ~Joyce
Linking to Let's Talk Vintage
and What's it Wednesday
 


3 comments:

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Love it, Joyce! I'm going to look for a can of that spray paint, too. Looks easier to use.

Can't wait 'til we hunt for goodies again!

Thank you for linking with "Let's Talk Vintage" today!

Diana said...

Love your lamp make-over, Joyce! Thanks so much for visiting me and my blog :) We have a lot in common--

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

The lamp looks great!!

I really love your little tray vignette!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Hugs,
Deb

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...