A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Apr 4, 2013

The Makings Of a Spring Door Wreath...

My front door has been bare since January (gasp!)
  Today was the day to finally remedy the situation.  
 I gathered my trusty silk geraniums that I used here and here 
and a bare twig wreath that I most likely recycled from a previous 'look'.  
(It does pay to hang onto stuff!)  I began by trimming the geraniums of 
many of their leaves and stems - was just too much 'green'.
 Then I simply wired them into a 'U' shape to the bottom of the wreath.
 Now I'm the epitome of 'thrifty' at times.  Recently I bought a 
nice length of burlap - but I wasn't really thinking this particular 
project was where I wanted to use the bulk of it.  So I determined 
just 2 strips from 1 end would have to be enough for a bow.
 With 1 of the strips - I made this 'M' shape...
 ...then gathered the bottom edges into a bundle and wired them.
I attached this little cutey to the wreath with the 2nd
 strip and wa-la - a bow using almost no fabric.
 Happy Spring (and maybe summer too!)
Now - don't tell anyone - but my front porch is also bare... (sigh!)
Linking to these parties: Home Sweeet Home and
Transformation Thursday 




1 comment:

Melissa Skidmore said...

Looks great! I always recycle my grapevine wreaths! It does pay to hang on to things! Life to the full! Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...