A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Apr 4, 2011

Burlap and Wire...

Funky Junk is doing a theme of burlap projects - so I thought this was a good time to post about mine.  I actually did this 2 summers ago - but I wasn't blogging then.  Simply, I had an old frame and wanted to do something with it.  Painted the old yucky gold frame off white.   Added a bit of burlap covered with some chicken wire - and it's an instant memo board. 
I'll never cease to be amazed at the wonders of paint.
 
Works great with little clothespins...
Check out more thrifty finds and projects at 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! How is the chicken wire stuck on there? Is it just wedged in the frame when you close it?

Noble Vintage said...

so cute! I have the same question as above~ is it attached to the back of the frame? Saw this at Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays!

Fishtail Cottage said...

oh, i adore the chicken wire, i just did a similar post (similar idea) this am - but yours is really fun! xoox tracie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...