A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Apr 15, 2011

BP Inspiration...

No that is not a misprint.  This is not a post about Pottery Barn - but rather my local Bass Pro Shops!  Our local store does a great job of  using antiques and collectibles in their women's and men's clothing displays.  I actually ask my love if we can go - just so I can check out the latest displays.  Of course, it's always fine by him.
Now onto the inspiration...

How about adding some moss to your flower pots this Spring?  They sprinkled sawed off twig 'pebbles' around for extra 'oomph'.  Who doesn't have sticks in their yard to do this with?
For more in the natural decor line - some twine tied birch logs will do the trick.  Add some high twigs for a wilder and weightier look...
Do you have any Reader's Digest Condensed Books?  
Without their dust jackets - they make wonderful display pieces.  
They are very available in thrift shops...
And I just loved this old cabinet... just sitting there with some antique books on top.  I had a blast just looking at the books!
Old crates make great shelves for display...
And buckets and barrels of any kind will hold your wild flower pickings this Spring...
Does your local Bass Pro decorate in this manner?  
Ours (Harrisburg, PA) changes their vignettes regularly - 
so I can get new inspiration every couple of months.  Love it!
For more inspiration - visit Common Ground  & The Shabby Nest today.

3 comments:

A Few Pennies said...

Great posting! This is what makes me want to go hunting for bargains--I love the ideas you pictured. Hope you're having sunshine this weekend--enjoy.

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hey Guess what? I live where the original Bass Pro is located, and oh yeah, they have great displays, I really enjoy going to see what they do, and their women's clothing is usually really wonderful! Thanks for linking up to VIF!
xo Debra

Susanne said...

Great pictures. Hey if you're using the insides of your old RD books and tossing the covers, I'd love to have them, ha! I've been using them to make journal covers, love the colors and graphic covers. I'm trying to figure out what to do with all the insides, I can only use so many bare books as props!
Susanne.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...