A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Aug 17, 2017

Chicken Tortilla Soup - Thrifty Thursday...

Here's a simple recipe that is even simpler if you have leftover
 cooked chicken.   In my case I had 3 leftover skinless boneless
 thighs that I had baked the night before w/ salsa and seasonings on top.


They became all the chicken that I used in this recipe.
(Told you it was thrifty!)  
  Basically - I cut up the chicken and added the rest of the
 ingredients & threw in the crockpot.  Then cooked on High a few hours.
(In other words - I didn't do half of these steps...)

My love had cheese on his - I didn't.  De-lish either way!  
And with these amazing chips from the discount store... 

...and a tossed salad (not shown) - twas a very thrifty meal.
Hope you like it!   ~Joyce

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Thank you so much for the recipe and the photos Joyce. I find it is easier to get excited about a meal when I can see a photo of it rather than just the printed recipe. This looks delicious and I'm sure my Hubby would love it. Have a lovely evening my friend.
Blessings, Betsy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...