A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Feb 28, 2012

Old Newspaper Project...

I've been in need of a tray for the bathroom at 
our cottage.  Funny how when I wasn't looking 
for one I'd see them all the time at thrift shops.  
But alas,  my patience paid off and I found an unfinished wooden tray for around $1. 
This is the coloring of the bath. (Want to repaint 
that tub all white, but for now...)   I do want to 
keep the blue striped ticking curtains that hides
 wall storage...
...so I didn't want to make the tray creamy white.  Instead I opted for this gray blue that I had in 
my paint stash...
We found some old newspapers in the cottage 
when we bought it.   I cut out any health 
and beauty advertisements that I could find and decoupaged them to the inside bottom.  
This turned out a bit like a child's
 cut and paste project - but it will do. 
It'll be fun to read the classified ads in the background.
After a couple of coats of poly - I think it will 
serve us nicely in a humid space.

2 comments:

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Great idea! Great job. I love how you selected beauty ads.

Sew Blessed Maw [Judy] said...

So cute.. great idea..
My husband collects coca cola items. and has a hugh shop full. Anyway, I took an old table and covered with coca cola ads,and did the same thing.. It was so pretty when finished.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...