A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Aug 9, 2014

Zucchini Things....

Tis the season for lots and lots of zucchini.  I let mine get too big - 
so I have even more 'lots and lots of zucchini'.

At any rate - today was 'do it up' day.  I shredded and shredded 
(thanks for my Kitchen Aid mixer attachment - this was a breeze)... 
then bagged it all up in 2 c. and 1 c. portions.  
It all went in the freezer and I'll pull it out as needed.

Tip - if you have 'big' zucchinis - that means seeds in the center.  
I simply cut mine out similar to how you would pumpkin.  No problem!

I made some chocolate chip zucchini brownies for a picnic tomorrow night.  
And some will be used in a pasta sauce for tomorrow's lunch after church.  

I'm also excited about making lemon zucchini bread for my neighbor's 
Christmas gifts this year.  I've been inspired by this picture 
that kept floating around on my Facebook feed...  

It's now nicely pinned to my board for safe keeping.
Doesn't it look delish?  

So what have you been doing with zucchini?


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...