A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Sep 21, 2012

My Estate & Garage Sale Morning...

I had just a perfect Fall morning and had to share it with you 
in pictures.  First up - and this is a bit unusual in my area - 
 I attended a great outdoor estate sale.  A dear woman 
was downsizing and she was a collector of all things old!
 
  I'll share what I scored at this sale in another post.
 Next - I went down the road to a little village having
 yard sales - and look what crossed in front of me...
The neighborhood turkey flock

There was a garage &  barn sale at this farm house -
 a favorite stop in my morning.

As I was shopping among the linens - I was startled
 by this sweet thing... just a honey pie she was!
 The grounds to the farm house were amazing but I
 didn't have the nerve to ask to stroll and take 
pictures.  I did shoot the picnic tables though...

The goats got a little snack of watermelon rind 
while I was there.
 Ok - the chickens too...
Home again - my next door neighbor was having a sale.  
(Yep - found more goodies!)  Still inspired by the picnic tables - 
I asked if I could have some Goldenrod in her wooded driveway...
I'd say this was just about  a perfect morning!
  
Do you have this much fun when you go to yard sales?





5 comments:

Helen said...

Friday and Saturday are our "sale" days. My Mr and I shop together, but when we hit a sale, we separate and find different things. Sometimes I will get the "look" - which means, come over here right away. There is always a treasure that he wants me to see. Sometimes I will give him the look. As we shop, we usually make a pile and then one of us will pay up. I guess because we are acting separately, the sellers are sometimes surprised to find we are there together... When we arrive home, then we find what the other bought if we put it in the truck before the other got to see it. Always fun and so much more because we can do it together.

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

I LOVE the golden rod in your watering can. I have a very similiar watering can; you've inspired me to go get some of the mini sunflowers I've seen on the side of the road and fill it up.

Old Time Cindy said...

Oh, what a perfect day! I'd be happy to go with you next time! :)

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

You had a GREAT morning! I was still in bed from a night of "bad dreams" (Bebe) and a bout of insomnia! At least someone was out getting some goodies. :0)

Joy said...

Great!!! Thanks for sharing it with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...