A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Apr 26, 2012

White Bean Chicken Chili

I made the most simple dinner the other night. 
 (looks may be deceiving on this one)...
 Enter - White Bean & Chicken Chili...
I simply threw everything into the crockpot -
 it was that easy!
Recipe:
1 lb. partially thawed chicken breasts - cut into chunks
1 t. olive oil
1 c. onion, chopped
1 T. minced garlic
1 15 oz. Northern beans
1 19 oz. cannellini beans (I used all Northern beans)
1 small can green chilies
1 1/2 t. cumin
1 t. pepper
1/8 t. cayenne pepper (I used something similar)
1 14 oz. chicken broth
Cook on high approx. 4 hours till chicken cooked.  Then mix 2 T. cornstarch & 
2 T. water and add to chili - cook another 15 or so min. to thicken.

Garnish w/ shredded cheese and sour cream (optional).  
I didn't add these - and it was still delicious!
 

1 comment:

Joy said...

Yum! Looks good. Thanks for sharing it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...