A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Mar 21, 2011

Ticking & Pencils...

You know how one project leads to another?  Exactly...  When cleaning out my supply drawers - I found this glass refrigerator dish I was using as a drawer divider.  Seemed it could be better used in the kitchen.  My pens and pencils needed a new home - so there ya go...
Found some tin cans in the recycling bin.  Added some ticking fabric, trim and buttons of course.  And with the help of my glue gun - turned out a quick grade school project. 
Cute little guys aren't they?
 
Here's where they sit - keeping pens and pencils at the ready...
A little project to celebrate my turning another year older today.  Thank you Lord for a blessed life!
(Not really, I did it 'just because'.)
Linking to Second Chance Tuesday and
All Things Inspired and
Frugal Friday

7 comments:

Jillian said...

Today is your birthday???? HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEARRRRR JOYYYYYCE, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUU!

:0)

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

I hope you had a happy birthday!!

michelle said...

Oh Joyce, I missed your birthday! Happy Belated Birthday beautiful lady!!! I hope that you had a wonderful day! I love your pencil sorters, they are so pretty! I just picked up some blue ticking today to make pillows. :)

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that takes tins from the recycling can to make pen/pencil holders, Joyce! When you can make them this pretty, how could you not? : )

Visiting from All Things Inspired.

Jillian said...

Hey I just noticed you linked up for SCT. Thank you!

Vintagesouthernlife said...

They are so cute!

Robin said...

Cute cute cute!!!
Love it...xo
Robin
All Things Heart and Home

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...