A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Feb 25, 2011

Up High Decor...

I'm showing a bit of my 'country' side today - glimpses of places in my kitchen and laundry that are closer to the ceiling.  We have only 7' ceilings in our home. For 'above cabinet' space, I have only this wooden panel.  I've adorned it with faux (gasp) ivy and vintage kitchen utensils.  This was a quick attempt to hide the wooden knots that are showing through the paint (a project in waiting)...
Years ago my love had made a ladder to get to a loft.  We no longer  have the loft - but I couldn't bear to part with the ladder. 
Now it helps to separate my kitchen and family rooms...
In the laundry - we added an old original paint green wall cupboard to help with needed storage.  It has a small attached shelf - 
a great place for dried florals and little 'found' objects...
 My bird, Scooter, surprised me when I was taking pictures.  
Silly bird; hiding in my clothespin basket...
Linking up with Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home and Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground.  
There are amazing projects and ideas on these sites - 
check them out!

3 comments:

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

So loving that adorable cabinet...and with that little shelf to put things to boot! Love it!

shannon i olson said...

Great, love the little hidden touches! Is that a real bird? if not it sure looks like one!!

Faded Charm said...

I like your idea of hanging a ladder to seperate rooms.

Thanks for your lovely comment on my bathroom. The countertop is beach wood and we had it installed in both our bathroom and kitchen when we built our home. I love it!

Enjoy your weekend.

Kathleen

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...