A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Feb 21, 2011

Etiquette & Lace...

It's fun to see what you can do with vintage objects that need a little TLC.  Take this sweet old book...
It once looked like this...
This is a book from 1934 on Etiquette - filled with sweet advice.  I liked the spine and wanted to keep that visible.  So what to do?   I grabbed a piece of old lace and an old tan cotton shirt.  Did a little ironing and stitched the lace to the cotton.  Then with the miracle of a hot glue gun - the rest is history.  I'm loving my lace covered Book of Etiquette.  (which is for sale in my Etsy shop.)
And my book was featured in this delightful  
The Sky is Calling Etsy Treasury.  Check it out!

1 comment:

michelle said...

Very pretty Joyce! I love the lace and embellishments you added. A perfect little book of etiquette!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...