A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Oct 4, 2015

Fall Craft For the Porch...

 I attended a Ladies' Craft Session at a recent church event.   
These Fall Tags were on the agenda....
The boards were precut for us into tag shapes.  I added a wash of white.
Then we simply stenciled and painted the words and leaves...

 I must confess - filling in those letters with a paint brush 
gave me the heeby jeebies. 
I much prefer to use a Sharpie!  
But somehow I managed not to make too much of a mess.
Little tip for colored areas - such as these leaves:
Outline the stencil first with a marker - fill in with paint - 
then retrace the edges with the marker to sharpen things up.

I'm liking them on the porch of our summer cottage. 

 I also added a few 3/$1 gourds to my side table. 
 It's fun to give some seasonal cheer to passersby.  
And a little goes a long way.
Happy Fall Friends!  ~Joyce

3 comments:

Betsy said...

I like your tags Joyce, especially your tip about after you've painted using a sharpie to outline again. I also like decorating for fall. Just a few decorations makes everything cheerier. Blessings,
Betsy

Henny Penny said...

The tags turned out really pretty. I love how they look hanging on the door. I still have not decorated yet. If I don't hurry, it will be time for Christmas decorations.

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Cute and cottagey! Love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...