A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Jan 25, 2017

China Cabinet As Display Case Clear Out...

Last week I shared with you that it was high time to get my 
china closet cleared out. I prefer to use it as a display case 
for family mementos...

I have cleared out the pink transferware for a 
cleaner look. ('Before' on the left; 'after' on the right)

I'm enjoying my treasures all over again...

and uncovered some hidden gems.  
Like this penmanship award for my mother-in-law...

I have a few advertising collectibles from where my father 
used to work (A business which no longer exists)...

And a few collectibles that represent my father-in-law...

Every little completed clean-out project feels so good!
 

Many of the 'before' pink transferware pieces have landed 
in my Etsy shop.  Including this English Abbey plate.

It's all reason for a Happy Dance!  ~Joyce

3 comments:

Betsy said...

That is quite a difference! How nice that you have so many family mementos. I have very few. I still have a goal to get some things cleaned out and rid of. I need to get my health to cooperate with me a little bit more.
Blessings, Betsy

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Oh Joyce, what fun to meddle in your cabinet! Such fun treasures!

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

I love the fact you are displaying mementos of your family members. Gives me a few ideas! :)
Love your new blog header, too! (Probably not so new by now, so sorry I am late to the game.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...