A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Sep 8, 2015

4 Fall Displays...

When it comes to seasonal displays - it's really all about color 
with a few themed accents.

Below are four displays I created at the thrift shop this week - all for Fall.
(Interestingly - I'm learning that Fall is my favorite season to decorate for!)

First up - this school themed display was inspired by the little wooden desk.  
The brown book was the only school book I could find in the whole shop.  
I love that it's vintage and shows wear AND has fall coloring.  
The man photo?  He makes a great school principal or board member.

 Next up - I wanted to use the metal pumpkin.  Since it was charcoal colored - 
there is a black and tan theme going on here.

Sorry for the scary mannequin head peeking out from behind the pillow.

This grouping combines a lot of left-over pieces that didn't sell
 from the previous week's displays.  I was happy to find the wooden
 leaf cut-outs in the craft room to scatter among the vignettes.

And lastly... this grouping has more left-overs from previous weeks.  
Today I found the compote among the flower planters and knew it
 would look good filled with faux fruit.  
I'm sure it will be gone till next week...

Did you notice - almost every grouping has at least one vintage item.

Now if only I changed the vignettes in my own home this faithfully!
Linking to Let's Talk Vintage


4 comments:

Betsy said...

Beautiful vignettes. I like the fruit compote bowl. Like you, I'm sure it will be gone quickly. I'm not ready for fall, but I think it's going to arrive, with or without me.
Blessings,
Betsy

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Hi Joyce, I'm with Betsy. ;)
Your displays are charming as always! Thank you for sharing them with "Let's Talk Vintage!"

Henny Penny said...

It must be fun to have your very own shop to decorate and fix up. That would be a fun job to have. Your shop is looking pretty.

Betsy said...

Hi Joyce! I read your message on my blog about the no reply thing. I have no idea how to change that in blogger. Blogger and I don't see eye to eye much at all. So here's my email. I would love to hear from you anytime!
Queenbetsy2@gmail.com
Blessings,
Betsy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...