A patched together lifestyle of thrift and charm...

Jun 11, 2014

DIY Shade Garden - A Private Tour...

Today I was honored to visit my friend's garden.  It had just rained - 
so everything was nice and lush and perfect for photography.  
The 'wow factor' of this particular garden - is that it is a 
complete do-it- yourself garden.   My friends are not landscapers 
or professional gardeners... but have managed to turn
their front, side and back yards into a beautiful outdoor living space.
My favorite feature is probably the meandering stone lined brick paths.

  And can they ever 'do' a planter!...
Many of the sculptures and planters have been
 picked up at yard sales and thrift shops.  Plants too.
  Beauty doesn't have to be expensive!

 I'm kinda liking this miniature Japanese maple...


The property is mostly shaded - but still they have managed to grow a few veggies.  
Isn't that chard wonderful?  Looks like a magazine!
  And no flimsy tomato cages here folks... 
we're talking pretty iron sculptures (sigh).
 The last stop in the yard is their fish pond.
  Thankfully the great blue heron wasn't visiting.
  And while he would have been a beautiful sight indeed - 
it's better that he stay away and keep the fish alive.

Thanks for joining me in this lovely little garden.
  There are so many more features I should have included, 
but I wasn't really thinking 'blog' at the time of my visit.  
I know I've been inspired to go spruce up my outdoor space... 
hope you have been too!

Linking to:
What's It Wednesday and
Wow Us Wednesday 





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...